Thursday, October 10, 2013

Who are you? What are you thinking?

"A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Who are you? What are you thinking? Yes, you who are visiting my site, reading my meanderings and crystallizations. 

Steve Wheeler has a great blog post at learning with 'e's where he discusses how he transitioned from viewing his blog as a way of 'crystallizing his thinking' to the realization that "blogging is ultimately a conversation".

Right now, I am at the cave exploration stage regarding qualitative inquiry. The cave looks interesting enough for me to want to be a spelunker. I have donned my gear (Maria Mayan's textbook & course - COMM 597 - a qualitative inquiry course), started to explore and found a few crystals (my earlier posts) to try and help move my thinking along. 

I am hoping that my invitation to others to respond to my crystals, expose a few of their own . . .  be drawn into conversation through using the comment section . . . will be accepted.

In order to begin this blog I had to become comfortable with the reality that I was unlikely to post anything particularly profound (to continue the analogy, I am unlikely to go really deep with any speed . . . too easy to get lost!). 
     
           . . . so welcome, look around, check things out and leave a comment or two. 
                          Who are you? What are you thinking?


No comments:

Post a Comment